The Osceola Library System makes meeting room available at five of its branches for public meeting according to its use policy. The primary use of Library Meeting Rooms is for Library or Library-sponsored activities, and for this reason, these uses take precedence in scheduling.
All uses of the multipurpose rooms must be in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal statutes.
Public meeting rooms may be reserved by nonprofit, or not-for-profit groups, or organizations for the purposes of training, educational and literary programs, meetings, workshops, and related activities. All meeting and activities held in the rooms must be free and open to the public. Organizations and groups are limited to twelve (12) reservations annually. Exceptions must be approved by the Library Director.
Applications and Reservations
To reserve a multipurpose room, first read the Multipurpose Room Agreement Form. Then, complete and submit the web form below. You will be contacted by a library representative with further instructions and information on the reservation process.
The Library will respond to your request within 48 hours.
Rules for Room Use
- All meetings and events held in multipurpose rooms must be free and open to the public. No fees, charges, dues, or donations may be charged or solicited from those in attendance.
- Meetings and events held in multipurpose rooms must not exceed room capacity.
- Meetings and events held in multipurpose rooms may not disrupt the use of the Library by others. All those attending meetings and events in multipurpose rooms are subject to the Library Code of Conduct.
- The person making arrangements for the reservation of a room must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, will assume full responsibility for the use and condition of the room, and will be held responsible for any costs associated with cleaning or repairing damage done to the room.
- Organizations and groups using multipurpose rooms are responsible for setting up and taking down tables, chairs, and equipment and should make arrangements to set up in advance and tidy the multipurpose rooms at the conclusion of an event or meeting.
- Multipurpose rooms must be left in a neat, clean, and orderly condition after their use or the privilege to use the multipurpose room for future events may be revoked.
- Multipurpose rooms must be vacated at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to Library closing.
- The Library is not responsible for resources, equipment, or personal belongings left in multipurpose rooms.
- Permission to use a multipurpose room does not constitute an endorsement by the Library or the County. Promotional materials and announcements for meetings and events shall not suggest or imply the endorsement of the Library or the County.
Requests for the use of a multipurpose room may be made up to (3) months in advance.
First priority in scheduling multipurpose rooms will be given to Library activities, including Friends groups, staff meetings, and Library Advisory Board meetings. Second priority will be given to other Osceola County departments. Third priority is given to non-profit organizations in order of request.
The Library Director will make the final determination/decision in the case of any conflict of scheduling.
While every attempt will be made to accommodate all groups, reservations cannot be guaranteed based on past use and times.
Hours & Days
Multipurpose rooms are available for reservation only during the hours the Library is open to the public. The hours multipurpose rooms are available are:
- Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. until 8:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 12 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.