If the Osceola Library doesn’t own the title you’re interested in, it may be possible to request the title from another library in the United States using Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
Please stop by any Osceola Library location to request an ILL or place your ILL request online by using the online application. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. An Osceola Library card in good standing is required to use this service.
- Customers may have up to three (3) ILLs in the cycle at one time; including requested, ordered, on-hold, and checked out.
- If more than three (3) ILLs submitted; Library selects which titles to order.
- Customers with blocked Library accounts are not eligible to use this service.
- Requested titles that cannot be located in WorldCat will not be processed.
- Unfilled requests may be resubmitted a second time after 90 days.
- Customers are responsible for all fees charged by the lending institution.
- All fees for lost, damage, etc. (if incurred) will be charged to the customer’s Osceola library account.
- Renewals are at the discretion of the lending institution.
- Customers must call the Library to request the renewal a minimum of 48 hours before the due date.
Resources matching any of the following criteria are not available via ILL:
- High-demand/best-seller titles.
- Titles published in the preceding 12 months.
- Periodicals or journals.
- Audio-visual resource.
- Additional restrictions may be applied by the lending institution.